Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Nstasknslog Oliver Siemoneit

A house on the road

To begin our conversation I would like to know, first, if you believe that your home reflects your way of being and in that sense.
Yes, I think so, in the sense that I feel much my home as something in the making and this reflects my mood today ... I'm going through a phase of elaboration of my past life and this, a little 'for the event, a little 'choice, is found in my house. There are so many things, large and small, who testified, from the first floor of 900 Sicilians, chips used to store the visible sign that other steps and other lives. The same can be said for the furniture, objects that have already taken their own life ... a life that at some point crossed mine. It 'was a meeting halfway, a welcome one another. Each mobile , every object, carries with it something that has already been to the house and gives a soul ... and that's what I feel compared to my past. The vessels are chipped, like me, have their wounds. In reality, this home is a journey that started from a return, the return to my hometown. It 's a walk with these objects, the warmth they give off, go ahead along with a piece of road ...

This means that you do not consider this house with its furnishings, a goal, something definite, and therefore does not exclude the possibility of change in the future, even radically.
Absolutely, as I said the main character of my house has to be something in the making and therefore can constantly change .. that's how I feel now my life, my own way of being ...

In any case, beyond the occasional furniture with which they have come this far it seems to me that they have a fairly uniform character style. This may have also acted your art-historical studies?
Be '.. is partly true, but there is intentionality in this sense, I mean a criterion intentionality of well-defined aesthetic. But certainly my training in art history acts as a substrate that occasionally resurfaces.

I notice the predominance of a certain taste for the simple forms of beginning '900
Yes, Deco and Art Nouveau forms, but very discrete. They were selected not only for my personal taste, but also because they fit the type of house that is home, which is just beginning of the century. I wanted the object is in an appropriate environment, in a sense they felt "at home" too. I put special care in choosing the bed, a Sicilian liberty precisely because I really love this style. And 'one of the furniture that I wanted more. And 'much decorated with inlaid mother of pearl. From it I have also designed the rest of the furniture around. In fact all objects entering the house and furniture created between them in matches. For example, the print hanging next to the bed is a Salome, a favorite subject of Art Nouveau. It is not ancient, but was chosen by me and my partner on purpose. The floral decorations of the bed, but in Sicily, is an exotic attraction, and then came around to take place objects that somehow establish a dialogue with them. This applies to the cabinet of dark wood, also Sicilian turn of the century, but in its broad approaches to the taste of colonial Asian countries, such objects resting on it: a compact black box to which I am very fond of my mother because donatami which in turn has received from her grandmother, and that is engraved figures of women of oriental appearance, and then bought an old box Armenian in Istanbul.

If you were to assign adjectives to your home that indicate the "Sicilian" what would you use?
The first word I would use and which is identified with Sicily is very, as I said, the reception, the history of Sicily is based on reception. For example, in The Leopard, which is a bit 'the Bible of the "Sicilian", is spoken in Sicily as a land that welcomed people over time. This is what you hear in the house, which warn friends and guests who enter. The result is like a hug, then, if we give meaning to our animistic discourse, is the same feeling that the objects "feel" when they feel accepted. Another aspect that draws heavily Sicily is the constant presence of light that somehow enhances the colors of the house itself, from floors to walls.


And in Sicily there are in your house plants and flowers ...
Yes, this has remote origins. From childhood I dreamed, swim with the imagination, between the wide variety of shapes that can be seen between the textures of petals, leaves, flowers. It 's almost a magical bond I have with the flowers and has remained over time and has gone to the house. Flowers gathered in the streets or fields. Depending on the season may be the thistles or purple or yellow inflorescences of wild fennel which is full of the Sicilian countryside. Very often only the leaves or dead branches that forms itself, however, assume perfect aesthetically. In fact this house without flowers is like losing a part of his soul ... I love the delicate flowers and minute, white, gathered during walks and put into small glasses ... they reach a sort of magical perfection, perfection.

From what you said so far it seems to me that your way of life springs from this house is a constant tension between the living and travel.
Definitely. There is a correspondence between what interests me do in my future, that is, travel, and this house, I see a little 'like a house-break ... as a range of movement. All things that I carry on my return so are memories of places, people, meetings, yet they live inside of me as a great power into the future, a spur to me to know more and more ... in fact everything in this house is the result of a meeting. For example, the only photo I have so far hung on the walls is that of a Turkish girl was taken by my partner in Cappadocia. It 's a photo of which are closely linked and look at every day is not only renew the passage of my life, but contains within itself the ability to cross the eyes of other children, for other roads. I think the next photos will be home to two daughters of a Berber village in Morocco. It 's a picture that somehow makes contact with the other photo, there is a connection between each other.

Finally I would like you to speak about small apartment next to yours, a sort of dependence at the same time inside, because part of the house which is connected by a balcony full of flowers, but also external, it is intended to accommodate guests of various kinds.
This house is mainly characterized by its high brightness, for bright colors. It 's very Mediterranean and is distinguished from where I live. The idea is always one of openness to the outside. This means that it is always available for friends who come to visit and is designed so that in the near future could become a Bed & Breakfast with all the comforts, including the two terraces for guests to enjoy breakfast, dine, enjoy the sun. I've actually already done the rehearsal welcoming guests from various countries and messages that seem to have left this house fails to transfer its energy, a sense of serenity.

Alfredo Nicastri
Fes - Amsterdam, July 2007

http://appartamentodelgelsominobb.blogspot.com/search/label/sulla 20casa% 20th% -%% 20the% 20about 20house

furnishings, apartment jasmine, vacations, drills, sicily travel, sicily, Erice, Mozia, Liberty, San Vito Lo Capo, Favignana, egadi, bed and breakfast, holiday homes, home holidays, rent apartment, interior design, lifestyle, art de vivre, Cote Sud, Mediterranean, travel, Alfredo Nicastro, Giovanna D'Angelo, terrace, flowers, terrace, breakfast on the terrace, decorazioi floral, leopard, flower design, home travel, hospitality, tourism

0 comments:

Post a Comment